Tuesday, April 22, 2008

How I Met Your Mother

I'm a huge fan of HIMYM and have been since it's pilot. Since then, I've been telling my husband that Barney and Robin should get together, and I'm so happy they finally did. Although, I would like them to be more than a passing thing and with the news that Britney is coming back, I'm afraid it won't be. The cast has such great chemistry and play off each other so well. I know a lot of that is the writers, so Kudos to the writers, but the actors have to be good to pull off some of the stuff the writers come up with. I'm very impressed with Neil Patrick Harris as Barney, he is funny, delivers his lines perfectly and makes me believe that in real life he could be a womanizing bastard. I love Lily. Alyson Hannigan is also amazing, but I'm a huge fan of her's from Buffy and American Pie so that might be why I think she's amazing, though I do worry a bit that she is being type cast here. Also, I really miss the hunt for the Mother. I know that the show will essentially end when they reveal who the person is, but for the first couple seasons, they managed to keep it interesting and keep up the hunt. I am also upset that so far, I haven't seen that CBS has picked HIMYM up for the Fall. This is one of the better comedies on TV right now and the CBS execs need to realize that. So CBS Execs, if you're out there and you're reading this, please renew HIMYM.

No comments: