Thursday, April 24, 2008

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix PC Game

As my husband is writing a book and unable to spend much quality time with me til it's done, he bought me some computer games, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was one of them. It was much less expensive to get the PC game than to have to buy a Wii and the Wii game, so I settled. The controls are a bit weird to me since I have to move with the keyboard and cast spells with the mouse, but it's getting much easier now. I really like the game, although it gets quite frustrating when trying to complete the tasks at hand. They changed a few things from the movie and prior games, but for the most part they aren't really noticeable. The most noticeable thing and probably most annoying thing is that you have to pick up many secret items and as you go Myrtle comes to tell you that more items are available in the Room of Rewards. I love the Room of Rewards, but Myrtle gets horribly annoying especially if you work to get the secret items. The items that become available in the Room of Rewards are videos talking about how they made the game (there might be others, but I'm only 1/2 way through the game so I've only seen these ones). Anyway, I love the game and it was completely worth the $10 my husband spent on it. It would probably be worth it for the PS2, Wii or Xbox games too.

No comments: